This started out to be the “10 Commandments” of trucking, but I increased it to 18, one for each wheel, lol!
1) Thou shall not tailgate or drive aggressively
2) Thou shall not drive fatigued.
3) Thou shall not drive distracted.
4) Thou shall not drive more than 3-5 mph over the posted speed limit
5) Thou shall not change lanes abruptly and without signaling.
6) Thou shall not intimidate, terrify, or bully the “four-wheelers”
7) Thou shalt not sexually harass women truckers on the CB radio
8) Thou shalt not go two days or more without shaving, showering, etc.
9) Thou shall not toss “urine bombs” on the roadway, or leave them, and your trash in a parking lot. (or anyplace, for that matter)
10) Thou shalt not drive faster than 3 mph in any truck stop.
11) Thou shalt not drive too fast for road conditions and Thou shalt not argue with Mother Nature, know when to take your rig off of the road.
12) Thou shalt not drive in a way that would reflect poorly upon your brother/sister truckers and our industry in general.
13) Thou shalt not dress in such a manner that would reflect poorly upon your company or attract unwanted intentions
14) Thou shalt not tie up the fuel island for more than 15 minutes.
15) Thou shalt not steal from any fellow trucker, male or female.
16) Thou shalt not drive in any manner which could be construed as rude, unsafe, or aggressive.
17) Thou shalt not take on/off ramps faster than the SUGGESTED SPEED LIMIT FOR TRUCKS.
18) If driving team, thou shalt not compromise your co-drivers safety or sleep patterns. Thou shalt be courteous and respectful.